By accessing the Knowledge Ground, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (the Terms and Conditions):
- The content on, and accessible via, the Knowledge Ground website (the Content) is owned by, or licensed to, Bangarra, or Bangarra otherwise been authorised by the authors or custodians of the Content to make it available in this context and subject to these Terms and Conditions and the ICIP Policy. All rights in the content not expressly granted by these Terms and Conditions are reserved.
- You may use the Content for your personal and non-commercial purposes only, provided that you comply with these Terms and Conditions and the ICIP Policy. Please note that the ICIP Policy contains additional parametres on even personal and non-commercial uses and should be reviewed before you use the Content in any way.
- You are not permitted to use the Content for commercial or other public purposes including but not limited to republishing the Content on business websites, social media pages or in advertising, unless expressly agreed with Bangarra in writing in advance.
- Please contact us by email at [email protected] if you wish to obtain permission for any commercial or other public use of the Content.
- You agree not to download, copy, screenshot or otherwise circulate copies of the Content. While we do encourage you to share the Content with friends and family, please do so by providing a link to the Knowledge Ground website.
- You may not make any transformative or derivative use of the without Bangarra’s prior written approval.
- You agree not to remove copyright notices, authorship attributions or traditional custodian’s notices from the Content. If such a notice accompanies any of the Content, you agree to include those notices and otherwise attribute Bangarra or any other identified author when using the Content for authorised purposes.
- From time to time, Content may be provided with accompanying notices of specific limitations or restrictions on its use. You agree to use the Content strictly in accordance with any such notice.
- Bangarra does not warrant that the Content (either as-is or as used by you) does not or will not infringe the intellectual property or other rights of third parties. The Content is provided as-is and without express or implied warranties of any kind including copyright ownership and non-infringement of third party rights.
- Trade marks displayed and used on the Knowledge Ground (including BANGARRA and the B device) are the exclusive property of Bangarra. You are not authorised to use any of the Bangarra trade marks displayed on the Knowledge Ground.
- Bangarra, including but not limited to its directors, board members, associates, affiliates, employees and agents, is not liable for any loss or damages of any kind arising from or related in any way to your use of the Knowledge Ground or the Content and you agree to indemnify Bangarra against any liabilities (including but not limited to legal claims), damage, costs and/or losses arising from your access and use of the Knowledge Ground and Content contained therein.
- Bangarra expressly reserves all rights in the Content not otherwise dealt with in these Terms and Conditions, on its own behalf and those of its licensees.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New South Wales courts in respect of any disputes arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
Indigenous Cultural and Intellectual Property (ICIP)
A multitude of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have contributed to the Bangarra story, since its beginnings. Over this time, spanning across decades, Bangarra has been inspired by the many cultures, traditions, lands and seas, languages, songs, dances, art and people from our many homelands around the country to tell our stories.
We’re committed to telling our stories and respecting the people who contribute to Bangarra’s songline.
In 2015 Bangarra worked with Terri Janke and Company to develop and implement an Indigenous Cultural and Intellectual Property (ICIP) framework, acknowledging the rights that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people want to protect and control the use of their cultural heritage.
That framework is Bangarra’s ICIP Policy, which is reproduced in full below. Your use of this website is subject to the ICIP Policy.
In particular you acknowledge and agree that:
- The Content may incorporate tangible and intangible ICIP and Bangarra does not own ICIP that is incorporated in the Content. All ICIP in the Content is used with the authorisation and consent of the relevant Traditional Owners.
- Content which carries a Traditional Custodian’s notice may be viewed on the Knowledge Ground but any re-use including for personal, non-commercial purposes is not permitted.
- If Content is provided with an acknowledgement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander contributors, you must maintain that acknowledgement when using the Content for an authorised purpose outside of the Knowledge Ground. Acknowledgements may not removed or amended in any way.
If you have any questions about how the ICIP Policy affects your use of this website, please contact [email protected].